08 Jan Tips To Help You Prep For The 2019 Spring Market
Posted at 13:25h in Sheryl's Blog, Advice for Sellers, Info for Buyers
Plan, Prepare, and Profit with the Petrasheks
Spring Market is the busiest time of the year for Real Estate. The snow disappears, and our beautiful state starts to turn green with life. But what can we do while we’re stuck inside during the winter months? Why not prepare yourselves for your upcoming home purchase or home sale? Listed are helpful tips for Buyers and Sellers to start prepping for Spring Market.
- Speak with your chosen loan officer. It’s never too early to see where you stand financially. Your loan officer will help calculate your possible mortgage loan. Also, they can guide you on how to improve your credit if necessary.
- What style of townhome are you looking for? There are multiple styles of townhomes, along with twin homes, that suit different needs. Even if you’re not quite ready to buy, have your Realtor set up an MLS search for you to see what’s in your market. Even going through photos will help narrow down the options so you’ll feel more prepared when you are ready to buy in the Spring Market!
- Research townhome associations. You’ll need help from your Realtor to get your hands on the actual documents, however, you’ll be able to find a lot of information online. Will this association work with your lifestyle? Are there shared amenities? If so, what are the rules? What is the association pet policy? Do they allow rentals? These are just a few of the questions that could affect your overall decision.
- Shop around for the right Realtor. As you’re aware, having the right Realtor for you makes a large transaction like this a seamless process. It’s ok if you don’t want to go with your family member’s Realtor! Shop around and do a little research. Every prepared Realtor will have a listing presentation that will show you how they handle and market a transaction. They should also create a CMA (competitive market analysis) for your home so you know what your home is worth in this market and area. You are urged to interview multiple Realtors before deciding who is the best for you!
- Is your home ready to sell in Spring Market? Unless you’re living in a brand-new home, chances are you have a couple of projects to get your house ready. Painting, flooring, getting your mechanicals serviced, and decluttering. Spending a little money now to give your home the proper facelift can return by getting you top dollar! Keep paint colors neutral, carpet either cleaned or replaced, and start packing early! By boxing up some of your less-used personal items, it can clear space and give a potential buyer the fresh and clean feeling they were hoping for.
- Where will you be calling home next? Upgrading or downsizing? Talk with your loan officer to see where your current numbers stand. In turn, you will be able to calculate what is needed on your home sale to comfortably move on to the next one. Buying or selling a home is one of the biggest investments you can make. Take the time to understand all of the financials before moving forward.