6 Creative Ways to Sell your Home…
Tired of the Same Old Boring Real Estate Flyer?
Let’s Explore some New and Creative Ways to Sell your Home in Apple Valley, Lakeville, Rosemount or Eagan!
We’ll Discover Why these Creative Ideas can Better Sell your Townhome in Farmington or Burnsville too!
Real Estate Marketing has changed in so many ways over the past 15 years. During the time I have been Listing and Selling Homes in the South of the River, I have seen the full evolution. I remember when Realtors would paste actual photos, the old fashioned ones on glossy paper, onto a flyer for homes. I can’t even remember the last time I held a new photo which had been developed from film, what a nostalgic thought!
Today’s options for marketing a home are amazing and I’d like to share a few Creative Marketing Ways to help you Get your Home Sold in 2013.
1) Blog About your Home! I’m now writing Blog Posts about my Listings and it’s getting a great response. A blog post allows us to share more information in the format of a personal story with potential Home Buyers. The Blog Post does more than present information, it can evoke a feeling about living in the house, or inspire a Buyer to Visualize themselves living in the home. Take a Look at these two examples, 1110 Singing Hills Drive, Lonsdale or 10580 170th Street, Lakeville.
2) Post your Home on Social Media Sites! Social Media Sites are the replacement of what we used to call Mass Media. The idea of hanging a flyer in the coffee shop in the hopes of finding that one right buyer has morphed into Posting on Social Media Sites. I use Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter. The Personalized Blog Post works well here. People love to read things that are more personal, warm and fuzzy. Standard Realt Estate Marketing Materials are boring and don’t get read as much as a post.
3) Ask your Friends and Family to Share your Home! The Real Magic of Social Media happens when your Family and Friends share your home on their Facebook Sites, Linkedin or Twitter. Think about it this way….In Minnesota people move, on average, every 7 to 8 years. That means that if your Friend has 240 ‘Friends on Facebook’, approximately 30 of those people will move this year. If you get 3-5 Friends or Family to Post your Home, you can reach an extra 150 People who are moving this year! Kind of reminds me of the old Breck Commercials…they tell two friends and they tell two friends…dating myself?
4) Start Spreading the News! Put your home on the local Newspaper Sites like Patch.com or Thisweeklive. Also make sure your home is Prominently Displayed on your Brokerage’s Site such as Remax.co or Results.net, and on sites like Trulia, Zillow, Realtor.com, Homes.com and Yahoo Real Estate.
5) Use Youtube for your Virtual Tour or Video! It’s easy to post your Virtual Tour or Video Clip on Youtube.com and then provide links back to those Videos on all the above Websites. Buyers trust Youtube and will open or start videos from Youtube with confidence.
6) Overhaul Your Staging! Evaluate the photos of your home, how do they look compared to other homes’ photos on Websites like Trulia, Zillow or Realtor.com? Look at homes in your area and price range as if you were a HomeBuyer, how well do you compare? If you aren’t happy with how your Home Looks Online you may want to Re-Stage your Home, Read 5 Ways to Update your Home on a Budget, or Online Appeal is the New Curb Appeal and then consider hiring a professional photographer to reshoot your home. I hire a professional photographer for all my listings, the photos are just so much better than I could ever take!
I’m happy to answer any questions for you and I can provide a Free Evaluation of Your Home, just give me a call at 612-889-6496 or send us an Email!